Emotional and mental health is important because it is a vital part of your life and impacts your thoughts, behaviours and emotions. Being healthy emotionally can promote productivity and effectiveness in activities like work, school or care giving. There are steps you can take to improve your mental health every day.
Click on the buttons to be directed to some useful websites that can help you with your mental health during the COVID-19 outbreak.
Mental Health UK
Mental Health Foundation
Things you can try to help with anxiety, fear and panic
- do not try to do everything at once – set small targets that you can easily achieve
- do not focus on the things you cannot change – focus your time and energy into helping yourself feel better
- do not avoid situations that make you anxious – try slowly building up time spent in worrying situations to gradually reduce anxiety
- try not to tell yourself that you're alone; most people experience anxiety or fear at some point in their life
- try not to use alcohol, cigarettes, gambling or drugs to relieve anxiety as these can all contribute to poor mental health
The above information has been sourced from the NHS website.