Some useful prompts for helping children discuss their learning:
- What did you learn today that you didn’t know before?
- How did you learn that?
- What helped you to learn
- Who helped you to learn?
- Did you help anybody else to learn?
- Was there anything that you found difficult at first?
- How did you overcome that?
- What did you enjoy learning most?
- How could being able to… help you in the future?
- How does knowing… help you?
- Why is it important to know how to…?
- Can you show me how to…?
- What do you want to learn/improve at now?
Did you know…
10% of what we read
20% of what we hear
30% of what we see
50% of what we hear and see
70% of what we discuss
80% of what we experience
95% of what we teach someone else