The Holy Family Catholic Primary School
- PE Challenge: Blindfold obstacle course
- What you need: A blindfold which could be a tea towel or jumper.
- People: 2 or more
- Play: Inside or outside
- How to play:
- Create an obstacle course using whatever you can find e.g. cushions, chairs, clothes horse etc.
- One person begins blindfolded and the other person guides them around the obstacle course.
- Try balancing a ball on a tennis racket / cricket bat / board. Can you move around the room without the ball falling off?
- Try bouncing a ball. Start with a big ball like a basket ball. If this is too easy, try with a smaller ball like a tennis ball.
- Create an obstacle course which includes some of these skills: throwing, bouncing, balancing, hopping, skipping, jumping, hula-hooping, dribbling a ball and anything else you want to include!
- Make a poster that shows us how we can stay healthy.
- Make a healthy lunch or a fruit salad. Talk about what healthy alternatives we can have to our favourite (naughty) snacks!
- Make models with modelling clay / play-dough / blue-tack to help strengthen your children's hands.
- Create a pasta necklace / try threading beads onto pipe cleaners / thread buttons onto thread etc.
- Yoga - https://www.youtube.com/user/CosmicKidsYoga
- Can you balance on one leg? How long for?
Please see below activities your child can complete at home during isolation...