Personal, Social and Emotional Development
- Draw a picture of yourself doing your favourite activities that you are great at doing! Celebrate your skills and be proud of what you can do!
- Make a model using old (clean) rubbish or things that you no longer need. Let the children be free to create their own model without guidance of what they could make. Be close by to monitor use of scissors etc.
- Draw different faces showing different emotions. Discuss what might happen to make someone feel those feelings.
- Send a card to someone that is special in your life and tell them why.
- Give your child a space to present their models and inventions instead of breaking them up straight away. This will give them a sense of pride and enable them to go back to a piece of work and adapt it.
- Social stories about the coronavirus that can be used to help children talk about their feelings: