Communication and Language
- When listening to a story, can you predict what might happen? What did you think of the story? Can you retell the story from your memory? Do you have any questions about the characters or the story? Answer 'how' or 'why' questions based on the story.
- Give your child a challenge. Can they follow more than 1 instruction? They could be silly things such as 'First, find a sock, then, put it on your hand, finally, sing a song with your sock as a puppet with a funny voice'! See if they follow more and more instructions at once!
- When doing an activity, ask a 'how' or 'why' question and see if the children can answer them, e.g. 'why do you think the ball floats on the water?', 'why do these bugs hide under a log?', 'how do you think this character is feeling?', 'how do birds fly?'. The children's ideas can be so amazing!
- Can you follow two part instructions?
- Create and tell a story with your toys as the characters.