Welcome to The Holy Family Catholic Primary School's Website
As a family we live, love, learn and celebrate with Jesus. This is our mission and it is lived out through our children, staff and parents. As a community we live to embody the words of Jesus in John 10:10
"I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full."
Through love and as a family, we share, inspire and motivate our children so they can be the best they can be.
At The Holy Family Catholic Primary school we believe passionately in education. We provide a rich and varied curriculum. As educators we strive to ensure children learn, not simply to excel academically but excel emotionally. Our children learn to respect themselves, respect each other and the world around them
We are proud of our children and all they achieve. We take every opportunity to celebrate all they accomplish.
We hope you will come and visit us and see for yourself how we seek to develop each individual's character and talents by encouraging young boys and girls to reach their fullest and best in every way.
The Holy Family Catholic Primary school is a voluntary aided school situated on the outskirts of Welwyn Garden City and was built in 1965 by the Diocese of Westminster. We serve the three parishes of: Holy Family and St Bonaventure’s in Welwyn Garden City, and St Thomas More’s in Knebworth.
Schools aims and values
· To create a living, Christian Community of pupils, staff, parents, governors and parish where the teaching and values of Christ are at the heart of all our activities.
· To sustain the Catholic life of the school through religious teaching, through the experiences of prayer and worship and through the Christian values which permeate the School.
· To provide a secure, caring and welcoming environment for children, parents, staff and visitors.
· To offer our children the best possible education so that they may develop their aptitudes, abilities and interests within a stimulating learning environment.
· To promote excellence.
· To foster self-confidence and to motivate our children to take pride and pleasure in their work.
· To encourage in our children a sense of responsibility for the community and for the world in which they live.
· To help our children acquire the knowledge and skills which will eventually enable them to lead full lives in our society.
· To celebrate and reward success in all areas of our children’s development
We hope that you enjoy your visit to our website, and that you find any information you are looking for. Please feel free to contact the school direct with any queries you may have.